31 Jan Top Home Decor Trends of 2019
As we enter into 2019, many new interior decor trends are starting to appear in homes across the globe. While new and stylish trends are making an appearance, there are also some home decor trends that are still standing stronger from 2018. This year, we’re seeing an increase in bright, floral prints and fabrics, touches of natural elements, feminine tones, and so many more styles that are guaranteed to give your home a unique look. Here are a few of the new home decor trends we will be seeing this year:
- Biophilia: Biophilia is the relationship between humans and nature. Throughout 2019, we will see the concept of biophilia being incorporated within many homes. Wood floors, stone, elements of natural sunlight, greenery, and more will highlight the use of natural and organic materials, strengthening the relationship we have with nature.
- Artisanal Fixtures: This year, key interior designers are seeing many homes incorporating beautiful artisanal fixtures. Since lighting plays a key role in one’s home, it’s important to have fixtures that match the rest of your home’s style. Artisanal fixtures invite natural elements to shift focus from modern to nature.
- Feminine Tones: Feminine tones are making a comeback this year. From fabrics to wall color and everything in between, feminine tones are reviving homes all over. We will be seeing feminine tones like blush, dusty rose, bronze, and other soft pinks being incorporated into furniture, accent pieces, wall color, and more. These stunning colors contrast well with warm, neutral tones, uplifting tired room.
- Floral: In the past few years, floral designs have stood strong against the test of time. With minor adjustments, floral fabrics and wallpaper will certainly be found in homes this year. Focusing on abstract and chintz, floral accents can be found in wall paper and more.
- Bohemian Vibes: The boho look is back with a unique twist. During 2019, we’ll be seeing homes incorporate the Bohemian look with lovely touches of vintage modern accents. This year, designers are bringing back the layering of patterned fabrics with clean, bright colors.
- Passementerie: Another trend to make a return to the world of interior decor is passementerie. Unlike other interior decor trends, passementerie features vibrant colors, unusual shapes, modern trims, bullion fringe, and tie backs. This trend is truly for homeowners who love quirky styles and designs.
While we are seeing a few familiar styles, 2019 is bringing a new variety of interior designs that appeal to homeowners with unique tastes.