31 Jan Top Home Decor Trends
Home Builder Fancy on Trends for New Home Construction
Every year, many new interior decor trends appear in new homes across the globe. While new and stylish trends are making an appearance, there are also some home decor trends that still stand strong within new construction. This year, we’re seeing an increase in bright, floral prints and fabrics, touches of natural elements, feminine tones, and so many more styles that are guaranteed to give your home a unique look. Here are a few of the new home decor trends we will be seeing this year:
- Biophilia: Biophilia is the relationship between humans and nature. Throughout 2020, we will see custom home builder incorporate the concept of biophilia within many new homes and custom homes. Wood floors, stone, elements of natural sunlight, greenery, and more will highlight the use of natural and organic materials, strengthening the relationship we have with nature.
- Artisanal Fixtures: This year, key interior designers are seeing many new homes incorporating beautiful artisanal fixtures. Since lighting plays a key role in one’s home, it’s important to have fixtures that match the rest of your home’s style. Artisanal fixtures invite natural elements to shift focus from modern to nature.
- Feminine Tones: Feminine tones are making a comeback this year within custom homes. From fabrics to wall color and everything in between, feminine tones are reviving homes all over. We will be seeing new homes with feminine tones like blush, dusty rose, bronze, and other soft pinks being incorporated into furniture, accent pieces, wall color, and more. These stunning colors contrast well with warm, neutral tones, uplifting tired room.
- Floral: In the past few years, floral designs have stood strong against the test of time for custom homes. With minor adjustments, floral fabrics and wallpaper will certainly be found in new homes this year. Focusing on abstract and chintz, floral accents can be found in wall paper and more.
- Bohemian Vibes: The boho look is back with a unique twist. During 2020, we’ll be seeing new homes and custom homes incorporate the Bohemian look with lovely touches of vintage modern accents. This year, designers are bringing back the layering of patterned fabrics with clean, bright colors.
- Passementerie: Another trend for new homes that will make a return to the world of interior decor is passementerie. Unlike other interior decor trends for custom homes, passementerie features vibrant colors, unusual shapes, modern trims, bullion fringe, and tie backs. This trend is truly for homeowners who love quirky styles and designs.
- Vintage Accents: What goes around comes around — especially when it comes to old and new home decor trends. We are starting to see more of a nod to vintage and traditional detailing — things like spooled legs, spindles, and other things we saw in furnishings from the 1800s and early 1900s. But don’t expect to see all vintage everywhere, designers are incorporating just one or two statement pieces.
- High-Contrast Decor: High-contrast designs for new homes are currently having a moment — which means if you’ve always wanted to paint your home black, now is the time to give it a whirl.
While we are seeing a few familiar styles, 2020 is bringing a new variety of interior designs that appeal to homeowners with unique tastes.